Students should bring marching shoes (sneakers), appropriate shorts, t-shirts (lighter colors will be more comfortable in the sun), hats, sunscreen, water jugs, instrument, music and lunch to band camp each day.
- July 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31 – 8:00am - 5:30pm
- August 3, 4, 5 – 8:00am - 5:30pm
- August 6 – 8:00am - 8:00pm, with a showcase for parents at 7:00pm
The Fall 2015 performance dates will be published soon.
BAND CAMP SPIRIT DAYS
Our student leadership team has organized spirit and talent days for each day of camp
Fall 2015 Marching Band Events
Important: Competition schedules on weekends are determined by our performance time, and usually include a 3-hour rehearsal, packing, dinner, travel, warm-up, show, awards and return home. A typical weekend competition day begins in the early afternoon with a return around 11:30 PM, but this is variable. Home football games begin at 7 PM, band reports at 5 PM. Information for each event will be sent via Yahoo Groups email.
- Friday, September 4 Home football game vs. Tuscarora
- Friday, September 11 Home football game vs. Indian River
- Saturday, September 19 Tournament of Bands Competition at Liberty HS
- Saturday, September 26 TOB Competition at Fort Hill HS (Allegheny hosts)
- Friday, October 2 Home football game vs. Walkersville
- Saturday, October 10 Homecoming Parade in New Market
- Saturday, October 10 TOB Competition at Gov. Thomas Johnson HS
- Monday, October 12 Frederick County Marching Band Festival at Urbana HS (rain date 10/19)
- Friday, October 16 Home football game vs. Thomas S. Wootton (Homegoming Game)
- Saturday, October 24 TOB Region 5 Championships at Linganore HS
- Friday, Novermber 6 Home football game vs. Urbana
- Saturday, November 7 Field Show USA, Washington, DC
- Saturday, December 5 Mount Airy Christmas Parade
Other notable dates:
- Thursday, August 20 - no Libertytown Parade - this is Back to School night
- Saturday, October 17 - Homecoming Dance - no competition
Band Booster Meetings
Meetings are held in the Library starting at 7pm. Executive board meets at 6:30pm.
All boosters are welcome and encouraged to attend because important decisions are made at every meeting. If you have a student in a band or guard program you are a booster!
Meeting dates for 2015 - 2016 will be published soon
Map to Linganore High School