Looking for Forms?
Forms for the 2014 – 2015 school year can be found on our Forms page.
Students should be bringing marching shoes (sneakers), appropriate shorts, t-shirts (lighter colors will be more comfortable in the sun), hats, sunscreen, water jugs, instrument, music and lunch to band camp each day. Lunch this year will be at Noon starting on Tuesday the 29th (12:30 on Monday the 28th).
- July 28, 29, 30, 31 and August 1 – 8:00am - 5:30pm
- August 4, 5, 6 – 8:00am - 5:30pm
- August 7 – 8:00am-8:00pm, with a showcase for parents at 7:00pm
Our student leadership team has organized spirit days and skit days for each day of camp
Fall 2014 Marching Band Schedule
- Tuesday, August 19 – regular T/TH 5:30-8:30 rehearsals begin
- Thursday, August 21 – Libertytown Parade, 7 pm. Band meets at LHS at 5:30 pm.
- Friday, September 12 – Home football vs. Westminster
- Saturday, September 13 – Tournament of Bands Competition at Walkersville HS, times TBA
(Note: Saturday competitions usually involve a 3-4 hour rehearsal, meal, travel and show)
- Friday, September 19 – Home football vs. North Hagerstown
- Saturday, September 20 – TOB Competition at Liberty H.S. (Carroll County)
- Saturday, September 27 – TOB Competition at North Hagerstown H.S. (Washington Co.)
- Thursday, October 2 – Home football vs. Frederick / Band Senior Recognition / 8th Grade Night
- Saturday, October 11 – TOB Competition at Musselman H.S. (Berkeley Co. WV)
- Monday, October 13 – FCPS Marching Band Festival at Linganore High School
- Saturday, October 18 – TOB Chapter Championships at S. Hagerstown H.S. (Washington Co.)
- Friday, October 24 – Home football vs. Tuscarora (Homecoming)
- Saturday, October 25 – Homecoming Dance / No band events
- Sunday, October 26 – TOB Atlantic Coast Championships at Hershey Stadium, Hershey, PA
- Thursday, October 30 – Final evening marching band rehearsal of the season
- Friday, October 31 – Home football vs. Middletown
- Sunday, November 2 – 73rd annual Veterans’ Day Parade – Brunswick, MD
- Thursday, November 6 – Concert Band rehearsal, 2:45-5:15
(Concert Band rehearsals include ALL winds and brass and 8 selected percussionists)
- Tuesday, November 11 – Concert Band rehearsal, 2:45-5:15
- Tuesday, November 18 – Concert Band rehearsal, 2:45-5:15
- Tuesday, December 2 – Concert Band Dress Rehearsal, 2:45-5:15
Our annual Holiday Concert will be held during the first week of December. A specific date will be announced later, after the sports calendar is published, so that we can avoid as many conflicts as possible.
Band Booster Meetings
Meetings are held in the Library starting at 7pm. Executive board meets at 6:30pm.
All boosters are welcome and encouraged to attend because important decisions are made at every meeting. If you have a student in a band or guard program you are a booster!
- Tuesday, September 9
- Tuesday, October 14
- Tuesday, November 11
- Tuesday, December 9
- Tuesday, January 13
- Tuesday, February 10
- Tuesday, March 10
- Tuesday, April 14 (Election held for 2015 – 2016 board)
- May meeting is the Band Banquet (Date TBD)
Map to Linganore High School