Tournament of Bands Region 5 Championship
Basket & Bag Bingo
Friday, November 20, at 7 PM, Libertytown Volunteer Fire Hall
We will hold our annual Basket Bingo but adding something new—Bags! This year, in addition to Longaberger Baskets we will include Thirty-One bags as prizes. Bingo will be held at the Libertytown Volunteer Fire Hall on Friday, November 20, at 7 PM. Doors will open at 5:30 PM. The LVFD Auxiliary will be selling refreshments. Seating is limited so everyone attending will need a ticket. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased by contacting Corrine McWilliams at email@example.com. Tickets will also be available at all Tuesday and Thursday evening rehearsals in the uniform room from 8 to 8:30, as well as at booster meetings, sub nights and before and after all performances. Families may sign out 5 tickets at a time, additional tickets available once payment is received for the previous 5. All unsold tickets need to be returned to Mrs. McWilliams no later than November 1st.
We also need sponsors to fill and cover the cost of the baskets & bags to be used for prizes. The more we can get sponsored by businesses, the more money we make, however we welcome families, friends, Band sections (percussion, trumpets, guard, etc.), Roadies, Uniform Angels and all to help sponsor and / or fill baskets too! If you or someone you know would like more information about sponsoring or filling a prize basket please contact Joanne Doyle at 240-372-0504 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2015 Marching Band Events
Important: Competition schedules on weekends are determined by our performance time, and usually include a 3-hour rehearsal, packing, dinner, travel, warm-up, show, awards and return home. A typical weekend competition day begins in the early afternoon with a return around 11:30 PM, but this is variable. Home football games begin at 7 PM, band reports at 5 PM. Information for each event will be sent via Yahoo Groups email.
- Friday, September 4 Home football game vs. Tuscarora
- Friday, September 11 Home football game vs. Indian River
- Saturday, September 19 Tournament of Bands Competition at Liberty HS
- Saturday, September 26 TOB Competition at Fort Hill HS (Allegheny hosts)
- Friday, October 2 Home football game vs. Walkersville
- Saturday, October 10 Homecoming Parade in New Market
- Saturday, October 10 TOB Competition at Gov. Thomas Johnson HS
- Monday, October 12 Frederick County Marching Band Festival at Urbana HS (rain date 10/19)
- Friday, October 16 Home football game vs. Thomas S. Wootton (Homecoming Game)
- Saturday, October 24 TOB Region 5 Championship at Linganore HS
- Friday, Novermber 6 Home football game vs. Urbana
- Saturday, November 7 WWII Veterans Event, Washington, DC
- Sunday, November 8 TOB Atlantic Coast Championships at Hersheypark Stadium, Hershey, PA
- Saturday, December 5 Mount Airy Christmas Parade
Other notable dates:
- Thursday, August 20 - no Libertytown Parade - this is Back to School night
- Saturday, October 17 - Homecoming Dance - no competition
Band Booster Meetings
Meetings are held in the Library starting at 7pm. Executive board meets at 6:30pm.
All boosters are welcome and encouraged to attend because important decisions are made at every meeting. If you have a student in a band or guard program you are a booster!
- Tuesday, September 8 (Budget Presentation)
- Tuesday, October 13 (Prior to TOB Competition @ LHS)
- Tuesday, November 10 (Prior to Basket Bingo)
- Tuesday, December 8 (Board provides refreshments)
- Tuesday, January 12 (Call for Bylaw Committee)
- Tuesday, February 9 (Bylaw review / Call for Board nominations)
- Tuesday, March 8 (Prior to Disney trip / 2nd call for Board nominations)
- Tuesday, April 12 (Election held for 2016 – 2017 board)
Map to Linganore High School