New Parent Orientation
Thursday, May 28 at 7pm in the band wing (room TBA)
Meet our Band Booster Board of Directors, our Director of Bands, and receive information about the Band Booster organization. This meeting is primarily for parents that are new to the band organization but any band or guard parent is welcome to attend.
Spring Chorus Concert
Featuring both our Vocal Ensemble and Concert Choir
Monday, May 18
Miltenberger Jazz Quintet
Featuring Mr. Lloyd on drums
Wednesday, May 20 at 7:30pm in the LHS Theater
Participants to be announced, will involve most current sophomores and juniors along with some freshmen
- Tuesday, May 19 - Rehearsal 2:45-4:30
- Tuesday, May 26 - Rehearsal 2:45-4:30
- Monday, June 1 - Senior Salute, 7:00 pm; students report at 6:30 in concert uniform.
- Monday, June 2 - Commencement at Mount St. Mary's. Reporting time to be announced. Bus leaves at 5:15. Ceremony begins at 7:00 and lasts until about 9:00. Back to Linganore by about 10:15. All students expected to be in school the next day.
Marching Band and Guard
- Tuesday, May 19 - Student orientation evening for next year's marching band and guard freshmen (class of 2019) with Mr. Lloyd and Mr. Jeremy Brown. 5:30-8 in the band room.
- Thursday, May 28 - Marching Band, 5:30 - 8:00 pm
- Thursday, June 4 - Marching Band and Guard, 5:30 - 8:00 pm
- Saturday, June 6 - Marching Band and Guard mini-camp, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 9 - Marching Band and Guard, 5:30 - 8:00 pm
- Thursday, June 11 - Marching Band and Guard, 5:30 - 8:00 pm
Additional summer guard rehearsals to be announced
Possibility of additional summer drum line rehearsals to be announced
Students should bring marching shoes (sneakers), appropriate shorts, t-shirts (lighter colors will be more comfortable in the sun), hats, sunscreen, water jugs, instrument, music and lunch to band camp each day.
- July 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31 – 8:00am - 6:00pm
- August 3, 4, 5 – 8:00am - 6:00pm
- August 6 – 8:00am - 8:00pm, with a showcase for parents at 7:00pm
Band Booster Meetings
Meetings are held in the Library starting at 7pm. Executive board meets at 6:30pm.
All boosters are welcome and encouraged to attend because important decisions are made at every meeting. If you have a student in a band or guard program you are a booster!
- Tuesday, September 9
- Tuesday, October 14
- Tuesday, November 11
- Tuesday, December 9
- Tuesday, January 13
- Tuesday, February 10
- Tuesday, March 10
- Tuesday, April 14 (Election held for 2015 – 2016 board)
- May meeting is the Band Banquet (May 1)
Map to Linganore High School